PAPER-PIECING: CAROL’S DAISY
By Carol Sue Moll
Due to popular demand, we are repeating this class!
Learn to paper piece an easy flower shape in colors of your choice, and place it on a shirt you can wear or a bag to carry your sewing projects!
Date: Friday, April 5, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: The Quilted Crow, 413 Delaware Avenue, Palmerton, PA
Cost: $20 (plus pattern package – see below in Supply List)
- Background Fabric – one strip 2” x 21”
- Flower Petal Fabric – one strip 2-1/2” x 36”
- Flower Center – two 2” squares
- Border – one strip 1-1/2” x 24”
- Plain T-shirt or sweatshirt or plain canvas bag (available at craft stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, A.C. Moore, etc.
- Pattern package should be purchased in advance from The Quilted Crow, cost $5.
- Sewing machine (check your instruction manual before class if you’re not sure how to change your stitch length – we’ll use a shorter than usual length)
- Rotary cutter and small cutting mat
- Add-a-Quarter or Add-an-Eighth Ruler
- Straight edge 3”x 10” made of template plastic or postcard weight paper (this sometimes comes with the Add-a-Quarter ruler)
- Seam roller or small iron
- Sewing thread to coordinate with your fabric. Completed block will be top-stitched onto the T-shirt, so you may want a contrasting thread for that portion of the project. Or, you may prefer to hand-stitch the block using embroidery floss or other decorative thread.
- Scissors, pins, seam ripper, etc. that you normally use when sewing
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR CLASSMATES - BE FAMILIAR WITH YOUR SEWING MACHINE AND CHOOSE YOUR FABRIC PRIOR TO CLASS SO YOU ARE PREPARED TO START THE PROJECT WHEN CLASS BEGINS!